LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill
LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill is the most popular treadmill and one of the cheapest members of the LifeSpan Treadmill family.
The LifeSpan TR1200i folding treadmill is durable, reliable, and fixed with helpful features. With this LifeSpan treadmill, you can confidently walk, jog, or run in the comfort of your own home without worrying of losing your balance or concentration as you can do all the adjustment including the speed and the level of incline from the handlebars.
LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill Product Features
- LifeSpan TR 1200i has a 20-by-56 inches belt size which provides more than sufficient running space for most people including the plus size people.
- This 2.5-hoursepower LifeSpan treadmill with its biomechanically correct deck suspension system could support anyone weigh up to 300 pounds running at a speed of 0.5 to 11 miles per hour.
- The multicolored LCD console tracks and displays your time, calories, distance, speed and more, so that you are always in the know of your progress and improvement.
- LifeSpan TR 1200i comes with 15 incline levels which provides 15 levels of challenges for new runners as well as the elite runners
- With its EZ Drop Folding system, storing the LifeSpan 1200i can be easily done even after an intense running.
- LifeSpan TR 1200i comes a USB port which automatically saves your workout data. Subsequently, you can upload this data to your personal online LifeSpan Fitness Club account (free). This comprehensive online health management program gives you the detailed reports of your exercise and health results.
- A set of built-in, high-quality speakers and a iPod/headphone jack.
- Full dimensions: 33 by 54 by 70 inches (W x H x D)
- Folded dimensions: 39 by 66 by 33 inches
- Drive motor: 2.5-horsepower continuous-duty DC
- Weight: 204 pounds
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: Lifetime on the frame and motor, 3 years on parts, 1 year on labor
What the Review Team Thinks About This LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill?
LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill – Console
Besides this LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill being exceptionally stable and quiet, most owners like the LifeSpan Treadmill’s USB storage device which automatically saves your workout time, distance, calories, heart rate and steps (yes, it even counts your steps) as you workout.
Subsequently, you can upload this data to your personal online LifeSpan Fitness Club account which comes freely for all LifeSpan 1200i Treadmill customers. This comprehensive online health management program gives you the detailed reports of your exercise and health results.
If you fill out information about your family history, exercise preferences, equipment owned, goals and other information and you will receive a weekly exercise routines that include “how to” videos for specific exercises, images and the ability to print off and take with you. This is as good as having a personal trainer to monitor your training program and progress. This is a Big Plus.
By the way, if additional LifeSpan Fitness Club account is needed for your family member, you can actually purchase for additional accounts.
LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill Review
Let’s look at what are the Likes and Dislikes we gathered from our reviews as well as the feedbacks & reviews from other owners.
Good (Pros) of This LifeSpan Treadmill
- This LifeSpan Treadmill is very easy to assemble. It is equally easy to fold and unfold. All you need to do is to push the shock with your foot and it will unfold by itself. You can fold it up when it is not used, thus freeing up space.
- LifeSpan 1200i is very stable and the console does not shake either when it is set at high speed. So the run can be very smooth and with no difficulty in reading the data on the LCD screen located on the console.
- LifeSpan 1200i s rather exceptionally quiet even when I set it to high speed. Thus, when I listen to music or talk on the phone which doing my running, I could still hear quite clearly. This is particularly important when you want to work out while other family members are sleeping or reading.
- Adjustment to the speed and level of incline can be done on the handlebars instead of the console which most other treadmills are designed. This prevents me from losing my balance while trying to move forward to the console to make the adjustment. Another plus point is by placing your hands on the heart rate sensors located on the handlebars, you’ll be able to get a reading of your heart rate displayed on the console.
- With the automatic saving of my workout data and the free Online LifeSpan Fitness Club membership, I could track and monitor my progress. This serves as a good motivator to me.
- The best thing about this membership is if you fill out information about your family history, exercise preferences, equipment owned, goals and other information and you will receive weekly exercise routines that include “how to” videos for specific exercises, images and the ability to print off and take with you. This is a big “YES”.
- The LCD screen on the multicolored LCD console is very clear and easy to read. You can easily read all the information on the screen even you are running at high speed. With the big soft touch keys, you can adjust your workout perimeter easily.
- 15 levels of incline give great flexibility and variety of training options. It is catered for people with different fitness level, so that the whole family regardless of individual’s fitness level could make good use of this treadmill.
There are 17 pre-set and easy to use programs.
2 additional programs for you to customize your very own personal program. The unique My Zone Constant program helps to keep your heart rate at a consistent level during the workout by allowing you to set the minimum and maximum heart rate level. With this features you can truly maximize your workout without worry your safety.
- The sound quality of the built-in speaker was surprisingly good. The sound is clear and you can plug in your iPod or headphones into the audio jacks.
- LifeSpan 1200i does not stop abruptly but powers down slowly preventing one from falling, this is an important safety measure for older users. Similarly, it starts off slowly and would not throw you off balance when you press the Start button.
- The additional safety feature “Auto Pause” which is unique to LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill is a great safety feature especially for family with small children. It works by having a built-in sensor in the belt drive system which senses and relays that to the console when you’re no longer stepping on the belt and it will automatically stop the treadmill after predefined seconds.
- Many treadmills make one’s knee sore after the workout as the landing is too hard, due to the biomechanically correct deck suspension system in LifeSpan 1200i folding treadmill, we did not experience this problem.
Bad (Cons) of This LifeSpan Treadmill
- Although LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill is easy to fold, it is still on the heavy side.
- LifeSpan TR 1200i comes with wheels but you have to let it rest towards you so that you can push it around. If you are a short person, you might find it a challenge to manage it.
- LifeSpan 1200i moves quite smoothly on most surfaces but not on thick carpet.
LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill Is For People Who:
- Want an exercise equipment for the whole family where individual has a different fitness level
- Travels out of town frequently due to work or family commitment, hence joining a membership-fee paying gym is not an ideal option
- Do not have a gym located near their home or office. Thus, spending hours to and fro the gym is not a good investment of time, especially during winter
- Have young children at home where the safety of the exercise equipment is of utmost importance
- Mothers who want to steal time to exercise when their young children are taking their afternoon nap
- Want an exceptionally quiet treadmill which will not disturb other family members when using it
- Not satisfied with a simple treadmill with limited speed and level of incline options.
- Are creative and want to customize their own training program
- Want to track and monitor their training progress
- Looking for a cheap but good treadmill with a price tag below $1,000
What Are People Raving About This LifeSpan Treadmill?
“As far as the treadmill goes it feels great when jogging and is extremely quiet. the handlebars have some real nice features like the ability to adjust the speed or incline while you are checking your heart rate.
Console is super easy to read and when you plug the USB in it shows your name with your gender, age, height and weight so that you don’t have to enter that each time you use the treadmill to get an accurate calorie readout. The treadmill folds and folds easy enough” ….. LAXmom
“In regards to the treadmills performance we are equally impressed. You can hardly hear the treadmills motor even at the highest speeds, it has enough incline to be challenging. The suspension is excellent and the treadmill is extremely stable great for walking, jogging and running.
The handlebars have a very functional design.
They are wide enough that when you are swinging your arms when running you have room to roam, the handlebars also have the speed and incline controls integrated which makes it easier to make adjustments the fly.” ….. Erik Snyder
“The console has some cool features! The biggest reason why I bought this treadmill was for the USB/fitness club membership included. I have been wanting to return close to my pre-children weight and with the final one in high school now is the time for me to make the change.
The online club provides you with a weekly exercise routine and is created based on your likes/dislikes as well as other items that you may have like stretch bands, dumbbells and then it creates a weekly routine. Each day it shows you specifically what needs to be done and there is text, images and even video to support you…and since it is free with the treadmill it is a whole lot cheaper than hiring a personal trainer! The club allows you to track and monitors your progress and your vital statistics.” ….. Susan J. Morgans
Verdict: LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill
Verdict: LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill delivers what as promised and more, particularly the multicolored LCD console, which offers several simultaneous readouts and exercise programs to help you achieve your health and fitness goals. This is the most impressive features of LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill which we don’t see in other treadmills.
The personal online LifeSpan Fitness Club account is a very innovative and helpful bonus.
In conclusion, LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill is a cheap and great value for money treadmill considering all the advanced and helpful features.
It is little surprise that LifeSpan TR 1200 i Folding Treadmill received the Treadmill Doctor “Best Buy” Award for Best New Treadmill; Fitness Professor “Head of the Class” Best Treadmill under $1,000 for 2011
LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill is indeed the Best Treadmill for Home.
Overall Score: 97%
Where To Buy LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill?
That’s a really important question. We want to be sure that you are getting a really good deal. So we did some extensive research and found it to be Amazon
If you order today you can have a saving of $500 on the normal purchase price of the LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill.
We have checked out most of the popular local stores, their treadmill prices for LifeSpan 1200i ranges from $1,299 to $1,499 where Amazon is selling below $1,000. That is a steal. Indeed, LifeSpan TR 1200i is the Best Treadmill under $1,000.
Amazon is reputable company that stands out in consumer services. You will have a piece of mind because not only they will make sure you get the LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill on time but they are very actively in updating you the status of your delivery. And, Amazon provides FREE Super Saver Shipping for LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill. Gift wrapping is also available for just a small additional fee.
We are not sure how long will these special deals last, so if you have enjoyed reading the many benefits and features of the LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill then this may be the folding treadmill for you.