Are you Eating a Well-balanced Diet to Lose Weight?
Are you eating a well-balanced diet? Do you know what it means? Eating a balanced meal simply means eating the right amount of food in accordance with the level of your daily physical activity as well as eating the food range from the five major food groups such as carbohydrate and protein rich foods, fruits and vegetables, milk and dairy products, and foods that have high levels of fat and sugar. Carbohydrates should consist one-third of your daily diet just like fruits and vegetables. The rests should be equally distributed to milk, dairy, and protein. Only a few will then be gotten from sugar and fat. Based on the above proper food distribution, are you eating a well balanced diet?
EATING WELL IS IMPORTANT TO MAINTAIN GOOD HEALTH. FOR YOU TO BE ABLE TO ANSWER THE QUESTION “ARE YOU EATING A WELL-BALANCED DIET?” WITH A YES, HERE ARE SOME TIPS ABOUT THE BASICS OF HEALTHY EATING TO AID YOU IN MAKING HEALTHIER DECISIONS.
1. Consume a starch-based diet to have enough energy all throughout the day.
2. Eat at least five portions of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Consume at least two portions of fish per week including one portion of sardines, mackerel and other oily fish.
4. Limit your consumption of junk foods and other snacks which contain high levels of fat and sugar.
5. Consume less salt.
6. Exercise to reach your ideal healthy weight.
7. Drink six to eight glasses of water every day.
8. Never skip your breakfast for it provides you with the energy you need to get through your busy day.
WHAT TYPE OF FOODS DO YOU EAT EVERY DAY? ARE YOU EATING A WELL-BALANCED DIET? BEAR IN MIND THAT HEALTHY EATING IS NOT ABOUT THE STRICT PHILOSOPHIES OF NUTRITION, SELF-DEPRIVATION OF THE FOOD YOU LOVE, OR BEING UNREALISTICALLY THIN. IT IS ABOUT FEELING GREAT, KEEPING YOURSELF HEALTHY AND HAVING MORE ENERGY. ALL THESE THINGS CAN BE ACHIEVED BY MEANS OF LEARNING THE BASIC OF NUTRITION AND APPLYING THEM IN YOUR DAILY LIFE.
Healthy eating begins with learning about smart eating. The choice of food can decrease your risk to certain illnesses such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and cancer. It can even help you against depression. Learning the healthy eating habits can boost your level of energy, stabilize your mood and sharpen your memory. You can expand the range of your food choices and learn how to make and maintain a healthy and satisfying diet.